Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Dottiest Week on Record

It's "Take Your Daughter to Work Day", but my daughter is really too young to absorb the message and would get waaaaaay too bored watching me stare at a computer screen for hours at a time (today wasn't a teaching day for me, compounding the boredom).  I did, however, take my friend's twelve-year-old with me.  This morning I gave my students a "library day" with the additional perk of parking myself in the library for 4 hours so they could approach me easily with any questions they had about their project or their upcoming final.  In 4 hours, I got 3 questions.  Cool dudes, why would you want to pick the brain of the person whose final you're going to take in a week?  Dunno.  Fortunately, my tween tagalong also found this completely mystifying, so I wasn't alone.  


J Crew Cashmere Cardigan
J Crew Dot Naomi Top
J Crew Number 2 Pencil Skirt
Bandolino Wedges
(I just noticed that this is basically the same thing I wore on Tuesday but in a different color scheme.)

Anyhoo, she sat through a truly pointless meeting with me, then we grabbed lunch, then we came back to my house where I changed, we both slapped on some cuticle remover, then went out for a mani.  I may have given her the wrong idea of what it's like to be a college professor/debate coach...


J Crew Jackie Cardigan
J Crew Perfect Tee
Gap Skimmer Jeans in Polka Dot
Converse Slip Ons
Mint/Bow Earrings from Dondalee's via Etsy

SO many dots this week, huh?  Stripes, dots, anchors--I've got so many patterns.

PS--hope nobody minds the new blog template.  One of my friends noted that I was, in the words of Elle Woods's besties, "ignoring my signature color", so I went for something a little more simple and significantly more pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment