Monday, May 7, 2012

When it rains, it pours.

Well...it's a good thing I picked this month for a shopping ban, because we're going to need that money somewhere else...for a new furnace.  Hoping/wishing/praying that it comes in under $3,000.

I'm a little put out because when we bought the house, we were told that the furnace was old, but we weren't told that it was on it's last legs.  Not that we wouldn't have bought the house, but we might have been a bit more diligent in putting money away to deal with the problem.

So when the repairman left a message on my answering machine telling me that the furnace was over THIRTY years old, I let out this dramatic gasp.  He actually asked if I was all right.  I told him I would be better if my furnace and I weren't the same age...

This of course follows our discovery of miner bees in the front yard and the $300 it took to get rid of them (heh, this makes it sound like we bribed them to move.  Bee-gentrifying the neighborhood!).

Also, obvi, the air-conditioner is still not working (this was the catalyst for the furnace debacle, as apparently the two are intertwined, and the problem was not with our AC unit at all, but with the forced air part of the furnace?).  I am totally fine with this because the temperature in the house is fluctuating between 73 and 77 degrees which is perfect during the day for me (well 77 is a bit on the high side but livable) and we have a great fan in our bedroom, as does CJ, which keeps it cool enough at night. Tom is not quite as pleased with the temperatures.  Neither is my parents' dog, though she's only here for 3 more weeks.

Oh, and Tom's Pontiac is making this weird THUMPING noise, and my Kia may need some brake-work done.  So...when it rains, it pours...money, out of my pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment