Sunday, June 3, 2012

Movie date!

CJ spent the weekend at my parents' house--they were just back from Poland and in need of some grandkid time.  So Tom and I headed out on a date (OMG WHAT?  What does that word even MEAN?) on Saturday night, even though I had like the worst early-summer cold ever.



J Crew cardigan/jacket (it's sort of in between both, best described as a lightweight knit jacket)
J Crew Perfect Tee
Citizens of Humanity Kelly Jeans
Tory Burch Reva Flats (my new shoe-session)
Expression courtesy of my husband mocking me for wanting to go see Snow White and the Huntsman.  Which we did anyway because I do what I want.  First we went out for Lebanese food (OMG YUM).

The movie was...better than I thought it would be.  Kristin Stewart cannot act her way out of a paper bag.  The point of the movie was that "inner beauty and being a good person could trump outer beauty", bla bla etc.  So it probably would have helped if K-Stew could act like she was a person, any sort of person, instead of a high-tech but emotionless robot sent from the future to destroy us all.  However, Charlize Theron chewed the heck out of all scenery in this movie and stole all scenes she was in and some she wasn't, and also Thor (Chris Hemsworth I guess?) as the titular (tee hee) Huntsman looked eye-candy-licious.  I was doped up on cold medicine and thus found the movie even trippier than I usually would have, but the last 10 minutes or so I thought I was having a seizure from the wobbly crazy camera work; Tom confirms this was not because of the cold meds, it was hard to watch for the non-drugged as well.  The movie also suffered from what I call the "SHUT UP AND KILL HER ALREADY" problem--if Evil Queen Charlize would have stopped explaining to Snow Expressionless WHY she was going to kill her and just eaten her heart already, or later on not made her watch as the Huntsman and some random young nobleman (William?  Something...) almost got killed and just gotten it over with, Charlize would still be ruling the world and Kristin Stewart could have spared us all her non-acting in the Twilight movies.  Anyway, 1.5 thumbs up for the solid trippyness.  I advise taking a DayQuil before viewing though.

No comments:

Post a Comment