Friday, October 4, 2013

Bouncing Back

I'm not going to lie to you--I spent Wednesday and Thursday in ratty yoga pants and old debate team tee shirts.  I definitely got the sympathy looks from CJ's teachers when I went to pick her up from school.  The shutdown has been really hard on my emotional state and I honestly don't know what to do with myself when I'm not supposed to be working at all.  I'm also really worried about what is going to happen to my team while I'm not there to make sure all the paperwork is getting filed and trips are getting planned.  I'm not sure we'll be able to travel for a few weeks even if the shutdown ended right now because our accountants need lead time to get everything together.  So...it's been a crappy week.

But today?  Today I went out to lunch with my best friend from college and one of my old officer representatives (who has left the Navy and gone into the private sector).  And they decided it was their personal mission to make me smile.  And they did.



Anthropologie HWR Cheri Monogrammed Pullover
Joes Jeans
Kelly and Katie Flats
J Crew Bubble Studs


No comments:

Post a Comment