Monday, July 4, 2011

::tap tap:: Is this thing on?


Hello!
I am a voracious consumer of blogs. I read them all the time--fashion blogs, parenting blogs, politics blogs, all sorts of blogs. I'm a blog-nerd. I've been tossing around the idea of starting a blog for a while but was intimidated because I didn't think I'd have the time, and I couldn't imagine anyone being interested in my random ramblings.

Then I realized--I make people laugh, and I have interesting things to say, and sometimes I wear cute clothes. Also, I'm kind of an attention whore. Which would make me a great blogger! And I have a lot of free time because I teach so the summers are a long boring stretch of boringness for me, so blogging will be something for me to do.

For my inaugural post, I found a list of questions A-Z that would do a pretty decent job of telling you something about me.

A. Age: I'll be 30 in November.

B. Bed Size: Queen. Wish we had a king but it would probably take up the entirety of our "master bedroom", as we live in a house built in the early 1950s.

C. Chore you dislike: Almost all of them. I enjoy grocery shopping and I don't terribly mind laundry but I hate almost everything else. I can't wait for the day when we make enough money to outsource cleaning.

D. Dogs: We don't have one but my parents have a Siberian Husky named Cassie who is absolutely gorgeous and super sweet.

E. Essential start to your day: Coffee OMG COFFEE.

F. Favorite color: Pink, with purple as a close second.

G. Gold or silver: Silver. I used to have a pretty even split of gold/silver jewelry but my wedding set is white gold so most of my jewelry is in white metals to match. I know it's ok to mix metals now but I still feel weird about it.

H. Height: 5'2 (shorty!)

I. Instruments you play(ed): Piano and I was TERRIBLE at it. I have approximately zero eye-hand coordination.

J. Jelly bean flavor: Watermelon and strawberry.

K. Kids: One, a four year old girl we call CJ. She is spunky and hilarious and has fabulous style.

L. Lucky number: I don't have one, which is weird maybe? I feel like it's something I should have but I never had a strong connection to a number.

M. Month: May--not too hot, school's ending but the boredom of summer hasn't set in, and everything is really pretty (nature, clothes, etc). I'm generally a fan of fall weather and clothing as well, but September and October are crazy for me because of debate season. By November, it's pretty chilly here and often rainy too.

N. Nicknames: Daisy.

O. Overnight hospital stays: I was in the hospital for 4 days when my daughter was born (she stayed for 3 weeks), as she was a preemie and I had an emergency C-section. Fortunately our hospital was the bomb--the food was actually good, the nurses were AWESOME, and a masseuse came and taught my husband how to give me a massage.

P. Pet peeves: Too many to list here--I'm sure you'll hear plenty of rants from me about them. I will say I love rules and people who gratuitiously break them for no reason irritate me.

Q. Quote from a movie: "Smoky, this isn't 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."--Walter Sobchak, The Big Lebowski

R. Righty or lefty: Lefty.

S. Siblings: 1 brother. If you think I'm awesome and hilarious, it's just because you haven't met him yet.

T. Time you wake up: This varies drastically based on season and even day of the week. If I'm not awake by 8 it's because my husband got up to play with CJ and is giving me a sleep-in. So it's generally either early or REALLY REALLY early.

U. Underwear: Is a MUST. Not optional, people.

V. Vegetables you don't like: Celery freaks me out because of the strings. Not wild about cucumbers or bell peppers. I don't like tomato on or in things (not on a sandwich or in a salad) but I like it alone.

W. What makes you run late: The kid. Or dillydallying on the internet, or sometimes the weather in the winter. But usually the kid.

X. X-rays you've had: Just my teeth. (This is a weird question...I assume it's just to use up the letter X? Are there people out there who are really curious about the number and types of X-rays that strangers have had?)

Y. Yummy food you make: People are really into my chili and my shredded BBQ chicken. I am a crockpot ninja.

Z. Zoo animal favorites: Gorillas and pandas.






No comments:

Post a Comment